Preparing 2.6.17-7

Hello,

the next 2.6.17 upload, version 2.6.17-7 should become a candidate for
testing.

I would like to schedule the upload for Wednesday, Aug. 23.

amd64 and i386 will go through NEW again, due to the added xen images.

we have 4 RC bugs left, of which 2 need immediate attention:

#342246: [ia64 headers] arch/ia64/modules.lds: No such file or directory
#369517: linux-image-2.6.16-1-alpha-smp: undefined scsi symbols; fails
to allocate percpu data

The other two RC bugs concern firmware, and will be addressed after a
solution for the firmware issue has been found.

Unfortunately, alpha seems rather unmaintained lately. We cannot support
it anymore this way, and may remove it in a future upload.

As usual, if more time is needed for anything pending, we will of course
reschedule.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--