Re: Kingston pendrive does not work in Debian

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 13:07:30 +0200 tomek.fizyk@op.pl wrote:

> >Best approach, actually, is to file a bugreport.
>
> But how do I file a bug report to the debian's bugtracking system
> about bug that is not explictly related to any debian's packade? I
> actually have sent a bug report to the "kernel" metapackage (I had to
> write an email as there was no "kernel" package in the list in the
> bugbuddy program that is available in debian) and the bug report
> never got to the bug tracking system - it apeared on this list and
> that's why I've noticed it so late... Maby I've sent the mail to
> wrong address, but I got the address from information about how to
> report bugs related to the "kernel" metapackage.

Do your best at locating the binary package you believe most relates to
the problem you experience, and file the bugreport against that.

If the maintainer of that package disagrees, she will pass on the
bugreport to another more appropriate (pseudo-)package.

In this case the package name is linux-2.6. Not really obvious (and
it has recently been mentioned to maybe merge it with the no longer used
"linux" package name), but I'm sure that the maintainer of usbutils or
other packages would help relocate it :-)

Hope that helps.

 - Jonas