Re: linux-2.6_2.6.15-6_i386.changes ACCEPTED

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 09:47:44PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Friday 10 February 2006 21:33, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Well, and let one vulnerable remote security update open for a day
> > > more, this is not acceptable. Even if only one user gets compromised
> > > because of this, then it is enough to warrant the upload.
>
> Please read what I said. I did not say that uploading -5 was not correct.

Yeah, sorry, i misread that the first time.

> I said that -5 should have been allowed to migrate to testing _before_ -6
> was uploaded!

We can migrate -6 to testing just as well, and as said, -7 is around the
corner, as soon as we get Manoj to fix (or otherwise investigate), the
linux-doc/linux-manual creation stuff in k-p.

> > Err, i was going to say that the urgency is anyway not so important, as
> > the RMs can always hint it in before time if needed.
>
> Which is not an excuse for maintainers hurrying uploads without thinking
> things through properly.

Actually, Bastian was about to upload -6 without even waiting for 2.6.15.4,
because i made the mistake of fixing the mkvmlinuz support script, without
keeping the old version around and naming the fixed version as a separate
patch, which i still find overkill nowaday, but hey.

So, we asked him to wait for .4, but i am not sure he would have waited for -5
to go to testing, and anyway, -4 is in testing now :)