Re: Grace period for kernel-source uploads

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005, maximilian attems wrote:

disagreed,
all the archs managed in the d-k svn got their updates steadily.
problems are the trees outside of it as well d-i udebs relying
on a stable abi, which is easily broken on many security fixes.

Quite on the contrary, with the current way of doing things we are continuously in a state with a skew between k-i versions on different arches. As Anders described, every arch maintainer builds the k-i against there own "arch-specific" k-s upload, which causes sync problems whenever a complete rebuild on all arches is required. I believe, that ideally k-i for _all_ arches should be rebuilt after every k-s upload, and Sven is working on a single source package for all k-i images to implement exactly that.

don't think so,
agreed with dillinger that current way works.

In the recent DPL campaign a lot of attention was focused on the lack of communication withing Debian. My proposal is one way to somewhat improve it within a kernel team, for what it's worth. If people insist on doing it the old way, fine with me.

regads
maks

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@wooyd.org