Re: irc meeting regarding kernel status d-i RC3

On Saturday 05 February 2005 23:01, maximilian attems wrote:
> 2.6.10 needs to be considered if time frame shifts.
> 1/2 a year of kernel dev resulting in better hardware support
> (acpi newer intel board) should not be thrown away too easily.

I came across #291884 today, which blocks the unloading of unused
(ide-)modules during a boot from initrd.
The explanation for this is in [1].

I was wondering if this isn't something that reduces the desirability of
2.6.10 for Sarge.

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/1/6/23

Cheers,
FJP