Re: Classification scheme for 2.6 kernel patches

On Sun, Jan 09, 2005 at 07:40:06PM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> I think the effort to do so is better invested elsewhere. As a
> general rule, the kernel team strives to keep the debian-specific
> patches to a minimum. For people without in-depth kernel knowledge
> it's probably best to take the full set of patches and add their
> own (feature- ?) patches on top.

Actually, the kernel of my dreams is more near to the vanilla
kernel.org kernel, so I'd like to be able to throw out patches that
you need to apply because of your _much_ broader user base.

otoh, I would like to run a 2.6.10 kernel _now_ and cannot take the
distribution kernel because it is still stuck in NEW. It is adviseable
to take a snapshot from the Debian kernel svn?

And, without trolling, I'd like to build my local kernels from sources
that haven't had drivers removed because of non-free licenses.

Greetings
Marc