Re: Classification scheme for 2.6 kernel patches

Marc Haber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A few months ago, I asked on this list for more informative
> description of patches enabling non-kernel hackers to choose
> individual patchsets for their local kernels. Unfortunately, that
> question was denied pretty fast. Looks like you guys don't have time
> to write more extensive docs.
[snip]
> I would like to solicit your comments about this concept.

I think the effort to do so is better invested elsewhere. As a
general rule, the kernel team strives to keep the debian-specific
patches to a minimum. For people without in-depth kernel knowledge
it's probably best to take the full set of patches and add their
own (feature- ?) patches on top.

Thiemo