Re: more current kernels for sarge in volatile?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Andreas Barth wrote:

> * Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [051229 11:47]:
> > The main problem are the too strict rules for building in volatile, which stop
> > us from uploading the etch/sid kernels and associated packages to it.
>
> Actually, I think we should first consider which kernel minor version we
> want to use (including of course the requirements on the user side like
> udev, devfs, ...), and if we have done that, resolve any technical
> issues with the infrastructure.

2.6.15 should work with older udev.

initramfs-tools will depend on the version of udev that is chosen for
volatile, we have supported different version of it,
so that is fixable.

klibc is easy to backport.
last i heard that busybox doen't build on sarge glibc? is that still true?
that would rule out initramfs-tools unless there is known fix for that.

yaird has the bigger perl dependendency, but that is said to be working
with the sarge modules.

--
maks