trunk/2.6.15-rc2 and ARCH=powerpc ...

Hello, ...

I enabled ARCH=powerpc for both 32bit and 64bit powerpc, as ARCH=ppc and
ARCH=ppc64 are going away soon (ARCH=ppc64 may already be dead in git), and
modified kernel-package to have the powerpc flavour use the ARCH=powerpc. This
should work rather well, but it seems there is still something using ARCH=ppc,
and i believe it is coming from the defconfig stuff used to configure the
source and headers and stuff. I am a bit lost on where this did happen, and
would like some help in solving this from those more versed in what is
happening here.

Furthermore this probably means that the headers are fully broken again, as it
seems that there should be a symlink from arch/ppc/include/asm to
include/asm-ppc and from arch/ppc64/include/asm to include/asm-ppc64, and that
include/asm-powerpc should be the default link. Not sure of the full details.

There needs to be some kernel-package work for this too, but i think it is
best to wait for k-p 10.x to enter unstable, any news on this Manoj ?

Also, split-config seems to be fully fucked in this config, as it seems to be
setting random stuff, but not what i wanted it to set. Maybe it needs to be
made ARCH=powerpc aware, even though i set this one in the file.

Well, we have some time to find this out, but it would be nice to do this
before 2.6.15 is out.