Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:59:10PM +0100, Maximilian Attems wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 10:34:27PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > even ozlabs has no prep boxes around.
> > > (that means no upstream support in the kernel afaik)
> > > are there any user evidence?
> >
> > Sure, i have one, p2mate has one, Attilio has one, i have knowledge of at least 10 persons
> > asking about prep support on the debian-powerpc mailing lists this past year,
> > and debian works flawlessly on those, they are a supported model.
>
> well ok so you may need to invest some time to get them up again.
> in 2.6.15-rc1 PREP doesn't compile
> -> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=113183511810053&w=2

Well, we will see, but a compile issue is nothing that needs a prep box, and
as the debian kernel is generic and this is part of the ARCH=powerpc migraton,
i have no time for this this week, indeed, i will not have time for anything
this week, and may not even be online most of the time.

> > I mean, are your words plan to drop everything but x86 and amd64 in the near
> > future ?
>
> wtf?
> keep your ad hominem attacks for someone else.

Come on, you say nobody uses prep, let's just not support it, and i just
pointed out that such words are starting you on the path of dropping all
arches except the mainstream ones, so better be careful with them, no
ad-hominem, no attack, no whatever that was intented as you took it, except
maybe a bit of clumsiness in chosing the right words on my part.