Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

On dim, 2005-11-13 at 12:46 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> I think it is possible at least for initramfs-tools to run without sysfs
> on the building system.

Right.  The caveat to this is "dep" mode.  The default mode for
initramfs-tools is to include all of the modules that you're likely
interested in booting with in the initramfs and detecting which ones to
use at boot time.  If you ask it to detect which modules are needed, it
needs a valid sysfs tree to scan (although it is resiliant in that case
against module name changes)

Tks,
Jeff Bailey