[D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

I've taken a first look at what is involved in supporting installation of
2.6.14 kernels in Debian Installer _for the installed system_.

Note: This is a separate issue from running the installer with a 2.6.14
kernel.

During kernel installation sysfs needs to be mounted on /target (at least
for yaird).
This is currently breaking installations for unstable (and will break
network based base installations for beta1 and daily builds when 2.6.14
migrates to testing).
/target/proc is currently mounted by apt-install, so this probably needs
to be added there (only for 2.6 kernels).

The following packages are currently pulled in as dependencies by the
2.6.14 kernel:
- yaird
- perl (3.3 MB)
- perl-modules (2.2 MB)
- libhtml-template-perl
- libparse-recdescent-perl
These requirements look quite heavy to me and may be a problem for the
netinst.

If we would install initramfs-tools, we would need:
- busybox
- klibc-utils
- mklibs-copy
- udev
This looks a lot lighter, but the dependency on udev probably means some
manipulation of /target/dev will be required. Using udev in d-i itself
may make that easier.

Both initrd generators have limitations in what they currently support. We
may have to either always install both, or include logic that
pre-installs one or the other depending on the situation.

Currently we modify the configuration of initrd-tools:
- temporary hardcoding of root partition
- default resume partition
Would we need to do the same for the new initrd generators?

The dependency on sysfs and udev will make it practically impossible to
install a 2.6 kernel when running the installer with 2.4. We should
probably check for this in base-installer and make sure the option is not
presented to the user.

Please comment. Any people interested in working on this?