Re: language of choice for k-p packaging ...

On Sun, Nov 13, 2005 at 03:50:09PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> I mean we need to find a way to override the k-p's default for ramdisk on a
> per arch/subarch/flavour basis, and a ramdisk= line in the defines seems to be
> most obvious place for this.

I currently try to implement such. My plan is something like:

arch/defines:
| [base]
| image-ramdisk-generators: initramfs-tools yaird
|
| [relations]
| initramfs-tools: initramfs-tools (>= foo)

arch/$arch/defines:
| [base]
| image-ramdisk-generators: yaird

Which makes it possible to generate both the dependencies and the
correct order for each flavour.

This may be extended with something like:
arch/defines:
| [relations]
| toolchain-gcc: gcc (>= 4:4.0), binutils (>= foo)
| toolchain-gcc-hppa: %(toolchain-gcc)s, gcc-hppa, binutils-hppa

To generate the toolchain-builddeps.

Bastian

--
Superior ability breeds superior ambition.
		-- Spock, "Space Seed", stardate 3141.9