Re: New kernel-package 10.009 heading for experimental

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 03:58:54PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:43:07 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > As discussed on irc, we still need to find out why the new k-p break
> > (or whatever you want to call it) the linux-2.6 control file
> > mechanism, and thus we end up with missing dependencies on the
> > linux-image packages, which break the ramdisk-tool upgrade path.
>
> > Please don't upload the package to unstable until we know what is
> > going on, and fix it, but i guess that was always your intentions.
>
>         Well, as it turns out, it was not kernel-package breaking the
>  dependency mechanism, it was the linux-2.6 control file not playing
>  nice with dpkg-gencontrol, so the only thing holding kernel-package
>  back is a request from the kernel team to wait until the -3 release.

Indeed, and all the issues i was aware of have been solved now, so as far as i
am concerned the 10.00x k-p can go in unstable, not sure if we should use it
for -3 directly or not.

Sorry for the confusion about this, i seriously believed you where uploading
to unstable.