Re: IDE LED support on powerpc

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 10:17:16PM +0100, HF wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm just curious about why powerpc kernel is not compiled with IDE LED

It used to be at some time, but there was a huge dispute about those that like
it and those that did not, and since at that time, Jens both disliked it and
was more determined to not have it than those who wanted it, he disabled it in
the build. Check the debian-powerpc mailing list for a start of a patch from
last year which made this configurable, not sure what happened to it though.

> support activated by default, and I would like to ask you to ship debian
> powerpc kernels with this feature activated.

Yeah, and i enable it and the next one will ask that it is disabled, let's see
if we can find back the patch making it modular.

> I'm using  2.6.14-1-powerpc

Yeah.