Re: New kernel-package 10.009 heading for experimental

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 01:23:22AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         There are very few changes in this version.  At long last, the
>  old, deprecated FLAVOURS mechanism (which predated EXTRAVERSION, and
>  made users edit the top level Makefile to provide EXTRAVERSION like
>  capability)  is now gone. It had been marked as obsolete for a while,
>  so this should not be an issue.
>
>         Secondly, this speeds up the stripping code in kernel header
>  packages, by only looking at the scripts directory (which was the
>  only place with the elf  binaries).
>
>         This would have gone to unstable, except that we are going to
>  upload 2.6.14-3, and uploading this may be disruptive. So please
>  consider this a Sid release candidate, and hopefully the upload to
>  Sid shall happen early next week by the latest, depending on how the
>  official kernel image building goes.

As discussed on irc, we still need to find out why the new k-p break (or
whatever you want to call it) the linux-2.6 control file mechanism, and thus
we end up with missing dependencies on the linux-image packages, which break
the ramdisk-tool upgrade path.

Please don't upload the package to unstable until we know what is going on,
and fix it, but i guess that was always your intentions.