Re: kernel-package and the build symlink ... I don't think we can continue to use k-p under current conditions.

On Mon, Nov 07, 2005 at 03:54:59AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 09:44:12 +0100, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > Hello, Well, i had now two consecutive days of lengthy chats with
> > Manoj about this issue, and i hate to say it, but i don't think
> > Manoj is ready to compromise on this and he failed to give any
> > argument apart from this is the way he decided it in 96 and it has
> > always been done so. A few short quotes to prove that point :
>
> > These two show perfectly the real problem here, and there has been
> > not a single technical argument in favour of his solution, and he
> > just throwed away our own arguments.
>
>         Can we have some one who can acrtually follow a technical
>  argument take this up with me, please? Repeatedly demonstrating
>  common use cases and solutions to them have not worked with
>  Sven. I'll happily continue the discussion with anyone able to follow
>  along.

Manoj, repeteadly ignoring any argumentation and failing to give any kind of
rational argument in your favour apart from the "i have always done so", and
then going insulting (not only me but lennert also) on irc, is hardly the way
to have a technical argument. So, until your change you mind and come to a
more reasonable state of mind, there is no way we can agree on anything, and i
think the kernel team is better off not using k-p, than having to repeteadly
lose a huge amount of time to argue with you.