kernel-package and the build symlink ... I don't think we can continue to use k-p under current conditions.

Hello,

Well, i had now two consecutive days of lengthy chats with Manoj about this
issue, and i hate to say it, but i don't think Manoj is ready to compromise on
this and he failed to give any argument apart from this is the way he decided
it in 96 and it has always been done so. A few short quotes to prove that
point :

  09:25 < Manoj> the whole "You do are not following the official way, so fuck
  off, you looser bit is not something I can support
  09:30 < Manoj> theofficial kernel teams botched this issue, and diverged, I
  am keeping the kernel-package behaviour the same as it has been since 1996

These two show perfectly the real problem here, and there has been not a
single technical argument in favour of his solution, and he just throwed away
our own arguments.

I think it is a shame, but well, i refuse to lose more time fighting over
this. What do other people of the kernel-team think about the issue ?