Re: 2.6.13, experimental and 2.6.14-rc ...

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 00:22 +0200, Marco Amadori wrote:
> Alle 23:13, mercoledì 5 ottobre 2005, dann frazier ha scritto:
>
> > And also, what will be the best way to migrate?  Should we make a new
> > initrd-tools package that provides a /usr/sbin/mkinitrd script that
> > selects a backend and performs any necessary argument munging?
> > (I think someone suggested this before...). This would be a clean
> > upgrade path, and would work with existing kernel debs that are out
> > there, and wouldn't require asking the user to update their
> > kernel-img.conf file (but they could do so, if they wanted).  It also
> > wouldn't require a kernel-package mods.
>
> This is a great idea, really nice!
>
> I would like to add, talking about tried support, that yaird is tested by me
> on a amd64 system with lvm on raid and it works out of the box, from the
> changelog of initramfs-tools it seems to support also evms, which is really
> tricky to use it out-of-the box in sarge and also in etch, I will try that
> soon and report here if needed.

Great - would you mind adding this to the wiki page, w/ new columns as
appropriate (I didn't seed it w/ evms or lvm over raid)

  http://wiki.debian.org/InitrdReplacementOptions

Not that we have to track this on a wiki, but wikis are my hammer these
days - and this is just the latest nail.