Re: 2.6.12-7 upload ? How far away is 2.6.13-1 ?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 07:27:46PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 08:48:33AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think it should be time we did a 2.6.12-7 upload, with all the fixes that
> > those bring in, especially the powerpc64 nvidiafb disabling one, before we do
> > 2.6.13-1.
> >
> > Not so sure about the 2.6.13-1 status, it should work just fine with yaird (i
> > am using it here now), and i was really impressed about yaird, it did detect
> > all my stuff from the start, including the input device, the filesystem
> > drivers and so on, but i guess most here are more interested in
> > initramfs-tools, because of the ubuntu connection maybe ?
> >
> > Anyway, i am in favour of doing a 2.6.12-7 upload tomorrow or so, so if anyone
> > has anything to say about this, please do so now.
>
> I have just added the relevant portions of 2.6.13.1 and 2.6.13.2
> to SVN, which was the main thing I have outstanding for 2.6.12-7.

Thanks, ...

Does that mean that 2.6.12-7 is actually releasable ? Anyone has more comment
on it or stuff he wants to go in ? If there is nothing of the sort, i will
upload those on tomorrow.

> The other thing I would like to look at is the various configure
> option requests we have floating about. That will probably require
> a bit of hacking of split-config to be able to do easily. And
> I'm happy for this to wait until post 2.6.12-7.
>
> Any indication if 2.6.12-8 is likely to happen? I'll focus
> any changes that I have on 2.6.13-1 until I hear otherwise.

Hopefully there will be no 2.6.12-8, and we will be able to move directly to
2.6.12-1, so your plan sounds good.

> Lastly, its a 3-day week here in Japan. That means less time for me to
> do stuff, and I'm run off my feet standing still. So please ping me on
> IRC if you need something.

Hehe, enjoy your 4-day WE then :)