Re: standardizing on a language

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:23:30AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
[...]
> Preferences?  Once we have a common language, we can have a common
> library as well (ages ago, I wrote half a Kconfig parser in racc; that
> seems like it'd be useful for all kinds of scripts, but I'm not going to
> spend any more time on it until we decide whether I should continue in
> racc, or use something python-y).

I'm rather disappointed by the lack of responses to this.  I don't intend
to do any more infrastructure work on the kernel packages until we pick
something; I don't particularly feel like having the things I write
rewritten multiple times, nor do I want to bother rewriting other people's
stuff.