Re: standardizing on a language

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 01:23:30AM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
>                             Naturally, we'll still need to have things
> that end up being run on the user's system in perl or shell (shell for
> things that can't use or are too simplistic perl, and perl for other
> things).

We are not restricted to essential packages.

>                                               I'm comfortable with
> either ruby or python; I suppose it depends on what others are more
> comfortable with.

I don't know anything about ruby.

>               Once we have a common language, we can have a common
> library as well

linux-2.6/debian/lib/python already exists.

>                 (ages ago, I wrote half a Kconfig parser in racc;

I have a fullblown parser which is derived from the original yacc and
flex files written in python.

Bastian

--
First study the enemy.  Seek weakness.
		-- Romulan Commander, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2