Re: Install New Kernel - How do I?

On 9/12/05, Horms <horms@debian.org> wrote:
> Grub allows you to choose between different kernels, as per its
> configuration file. Only the kernel that you want to use needs to exist.
> Its usually a good idea to keep the old kernel around, at least until
> you verify that the new one works. But its not required.

So, when I next boot Debian, I should pay extra-special attention to
grub, and select the amd64-k8 kernel.  Then, once in that kernel, I
can uninstall the old i386, and grub should then default to the
amd64-k8 from then on, right?  Because aptitude successfully installed
the kernel image, it should be registered as a grub boot option,
correct?