Re: Install New Kernel - How do I?

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:04:26PM -0700, lordSauron wrote:
> so...
>
> I already have grub (lucky me) and it already is my default boot
> loader.  So, do those commands to change kernels, are they just
> options of kernels to boot?  So, I specify to grub that the amd64-k8
> kernel is the one I want to use default, start using it, then I can
> just remove the old kernel if I don't like to be a Debian kernel
> archaeology dig site?  Am I even close to the truth?

Yes, that is basically correct.

Grub allows you to choose between different kernels, as per its
configuration file. Only the kernel that you want to use needs to exist.
Its usually a good idea to keep the old kernel around, at least until
you verify that the new one works. But its not required.

--
Horms