Re: 3.1 Sarge kernel 2.4 kernel boots Ok, 2.6 fails to detect IDEs.

G'day, All seems to be working now.  Thanks.

Last thing to do will be to recompile the kernel to switch on SMP
support.  Other than that the latest stable 2.6.13 works well.  I had to
create an initrd with the necessary drivers for the SATA drive and
actually built in the CD/DVD driver (I guess that could have been a
module too - but eh if it works the way it is...).

Cheers.
James.