Re: status of first round of sarge kernel updates

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:22:02PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> We're getting closer.  Please check this for accuracy:
>   http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKernelSargeUpdateStatus
>
> I can try to do hppa this afternoon; any word on m68k, mips & s390?

I am having problems getting a cross-compiler for gcc-2.95 working for m68k,
gcc-3.3 can not compile 2.4.27 for m68k. I can upload a new patch package
(needed only for a patch to pick gcc-2.95 as default compiler instead of now
gcc-3.3), but for the images I can only provide a source package right now,
which would have to be built by the autobuilders. This would be all for
unstable? I haven't seen any mention of stable/sarge in the 2.4.27 packages.

A sarge update would not need a new kernel-patch-m68k package, just a
rebuild of the kernel-image-m68k package using the new kernel-source.

Christian