Re: status of first round of sarge kernel updates

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 00:36 +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 03:22:02PM -0600, dann frazier wrote:
> > We're getting closer.  Please check this for accuracy:
> >   http://wiki.debian.net/?DebianKernelSargeUpdateStatus
> >
> > I can try to do hppa this afternoon; any word on m68k, mips & s390?
>
> I am having problems getting a cross-compiler for gcc-2.95 working for m68k,
> gcc-3.3 can not compile 2.4.27 for m68k. I can upload a new patch package
> (needed only for a patch to pick gcc-2.95 as default compiler instead of now
> gcc-3.3), but for the images I can only provide a source package right now,
> which would have to be built by the autobuilders. This would be all for
> unstable? I haven't seen any mention of stable/sarge in the 2.4.27 packages.
>
> A sarge update would not need a new kernel-patch-m68k package, just a
> rebuild of the kernel-image-m68k package using the new kernel-source.

This is a stable-security update.  Horms has also created packages for
an unstable update of 2.4.27, but that's a separate topic.
Unfortunately it sounds like we cannot upload a source package and have
the autobuilders do it - would you be able to do an m68k in a pristine
sarge environment?