Re: 2.6.12 in volatile?

* Horms (horms@debian.org) [050811 23:46]:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 07:56:00AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > The latter, according to volatile policy (... must be autobuildable
> > > from the same release...).

> Is that part of the policy intended preclude providing an update to
> kernel-package (or any other tool) that might be needed? It would
> be good to clarify that.

Technically, we consider sarge+sarge/security+sarge/volatile as the
release we build volatile packages in. However, as build-depending on a
newer version is _also_ a packaging change, there needs to be a really
good reason for that (as for any packaging change).

> Another solution I thought of would be to bundle kernel-package inside
> linux-2.6 (for volatile/sarge) somewhere. Though I am not sure
> how much surgery would be required to relocate kernel-package.

Well, that's obviously worse.

Cheers,
Andi