Re: Feedback from DebConf5 Talk

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:31:56 +0300, dann frazier wrote:

> Thanks to dilinger/horms/josk/svenl for sitting up front & providing the
> real content to backup my slides :)
>
> What all feedback did you get afterwards?  One comment I heard was that
> users would like to have _every_ kernel-image have a different name, so
> that they can always have the last kernel as a fallback.  The user
> mentioned that RedHat does something like this.

I fielded comments about yaird vs. initramfs, as well as how to best deal
w/ kernel-patch packages (so that the installed image gets upgraded when
a new source package is released. For the latter issue, there's no real
satisfactory solution..  Recompiling after every source package release is
the best we can do.