Re: Common kernel-image source package

On Wed, 11 May 2005 10:21:53 -0400, Andres Salomon <dilinger@athenacr.com> said:

> I'd love to see the code you have so far.  My plan was/is to use
> cdbs2 for the common kernel image stuff (code is available here:
> http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/build-common/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0).  The
> main goals of cdbs2 are to get rid of the awful gmake crap that's
> currently in cdbs1, and make it easier for developers to do
> non-trivial things (as well as understand the hooks and stuff).

        Why yet another dependency and added complexity? I am trying
 to make ./debian  not depend on anything outside, including yet
 another helper package; especially an as yet unknown one.

        The new ./debian directory that I have adds just dpkg-dev to
 the list of requirements that the kernel build system already
 imposes. In theory, one should be able to create debain kernel image
 packages on a non-debian system, as long as one has dpkg (I used to
 have dpkg on a redhat system a few years ago when work was tied to
 red hat).

        manoj
--
The streets were dark with something more than night. Raymond Chandler
Manoj Srivastava     <srivasta@acm.org>    <http://www.golden-gryphon.com/>