Re: sarge kernel updates - IRC meeting at Tuesday, 6:30 UTC
i was asked to send a summary out of that session,
anyway please correct me if it's wrong:
* d-k in testing is frozen.
that means that current debian-installer rc3,
and testing kernels are the kernel for sarge.
* security updates via t-p-u
in order to get better coverage the non abi breaking fixes
(yes they are in svn) will be uploaded to unstable
* there is a nice overview of all sarge kernel bugs provided by aba:
yes those bugs need work.
* sparc kernels + d-i images may get an special attention due to late fixes
* the way to handle the abi breaking fix (yes remote fix) needs further
discussion also with the security team
* d-i infrastructure for future kernel abi changing updates is
worked on postsarge.
thanks to anyone involved in getting those kernel out!!!