sarge kernel updates - IRC meeting at Tuesday, 6:30 UTC
there are a few issues still open that we need to fix in sarge's kernel
images. Also, we need to solve a few procedural issues:
* How do we track which issues needs to be resolved?
* How do we track which packages need a rebuild after any change?
* Which updates are acceptable to push through to sarge r1 (and how do we
update the non-ABI-changes in sarge)?
* Where are ABI-changes uploaded so that they don't break the installer?
* Which packages need to be rebuilt for any kernel change (and are therefor
After the issues, we should decide which of our current bugs are fixed for
To discuss these issues, an IRC meeting will be held at
#debian-kernel on irc.oftc.net
Please make sure that any kernel bug that you want to discuss about is
filed at bugs.debian.org, and please keep the bug number around. I expect
that Bugs that are less severe than important are usually not fixable any
more for sarge.
Recent discussions on this subject were:
(about ABI-changing kernels and breaking d-i)
(short summary: if we change the ABI, we need to change rootskel and
base-installer, and change CD build, which makes this a non-option
(about bugs needing fixes, or fixed and not in sarge):
If you cannot attend this meeting, please consider to forward any issues
and reasons to any of Simon Horman (horms), Andres Salomon (dilinger) or
PGP 1024/89FB5CE5 DC F1 85 6D A6 45 9C 0F 3B BE F1 D0 C5 D1 D9 0C