Re: kernel-source-2.6.11

Andres Salomon wrote:
> time, that was just legacy.  Second, prune-non-free was replaced w/ a more
> generic ruby script (available in SVN, in trunk/scripts).  This was used
> to generate two .orig.tar.gzs: one for kernel-source-2.6.11, and another

Hi,

I'm not able to compile 2.6.11-1 on i386.  It fails with the following
error:

  LD      drivers/scsi/built-in.o
ld: drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/built-in.o: No such file: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [drivers/scsi/built-in.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [drivers/scsi] Error 2
make[1]: *** [drivers] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11'
make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2

Looks like this is related to the non-free pruning?  QLA2xxx is one of
the removed drivers, but there are still some references to it hanging
around, for example in drivers/scsi/Makefile and
drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/{Kconfig,Makefile}.
remove-references-to-removed-drivers.patch.bz2 from
kernel-patch-debian-2.6.11 seems not to have been applied, I guess
because of the new non-free pruning.  At the moment it won't apply
cleanly at all; several hunks in it are reversed and some just fail.

It doesn't seem to matter which way CONFIG_QLA2XXX is set, the compile
still fails with the same error.  For some reason, CONFIG_QLA2XXX
defaulted to "y" when I did a "make oldconfig" with my 2.6.10
configuration.

Removing the reference to qla2xxx in drivers/scsi/Makefile allows the
compile to complete.

-Steve