kernel-source-2.6.11

Hi,

I have uploaded kernel-source-2.6.11 2.6.11-1; it is sitting in NEW, and
is available from here:

http://www.acm.rpi.edu/~dilinger/kernel-source-2.6.11/

There are a few notable changes in this release.  First of all, patches
are now .patch, not .dpatch; dpatch hadn't actually been used in some
time, that was just legacy.  Second, prune-non-free was replaced w/ a more
generic ruby script (available in SVN, in trunk/scripts).  This was used
to generate two .orig.tar.gzs: one for kernel-source-2.6.11, and another
for kernel-source-nonfree-2.6.11.  The standard firmware drivers have been
stripped from k-s-2.6.11, and tg3 has been added to that list as well (we
used to simply remove the firmware from the tg3 driver; now we remove it
completely).  All these drivers can be found in k-s-n-2.6.11.  This does
not affect sarge.  We will have k-s-n-2.6.11 in non-free, as well as
binary module packages (kernel-nonfree-modules-2.6.11-1-386, for example).

This change was brought about due to a thread on debian-legal, in which
the consensus seems to be that compiling an ELF binary that includes
firmware is aggregation, not a derived work.  If that is the case, then
the kernel modules we were previously deleting are, in fact,
distributable.  Thus, we created kernel-source-nonfree, since etch will
(probably) require firmware to go in non-free.  We should work
something out w/ the d-i people for etch, to make life easier for people
requiring non-free drivers such as tg3.

Also, note that saa7134_dvb.c fails to compile (I noticed this after I
built and tagged).  I'll fix that in 2.6.11-2; for 2.6.11-1, disable
CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7134_DVB in order to get a build.