Re: lvm2 crashes and burns with 2.6.10-4 (svn snapshot 2298)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> What happens is that vgchange -a y  segfaults under 2.6.10-4, just after
> mlockall(MLC_CURRENT|MLC_FUTURE) returns with a 0 state.  At that point,
> under 2.6.10-3, vgchange would brk(0).  Under 2.6.10-4, it just segfaults.

Tracked down to 033-rlimit_memlock_check.dpatch.  I did not check whether
034-stack_resize_exploit.dpatch also causes problems, since it does not
apply without 033.

It may be my own fault (8MB limit on locked memory is active), in which case
the kernel patch is OK and lvm2 has crappy code that goes bonkers when
memalloc fails (what else is new...) instead of aborting with an error.  I
will test futher, and post back to this thread.

  Henrique Holschuh