/lib/modules/$KERNEL/build link???

I'm trying to build a module who's makefile looks for modpost in
/lib/modules/`uname -r/build/scripts/modpost

So what is *supposed* to happen? Nothing is consistent on 686, amd64,
and ppc kernels. How is this supposed to work, and what packages should
I be filing bugs against?

I don't want to have to rebuild the whole damn kernel just to get a
couple of modules build.

Troy Benjegerdes                'da hozer'                hozer@hozed.org

Somone asked my why I work on this free (http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/)
software stuff and not get a real job. Charles Shultz had the best answer:

"Why do musicians compose symphonies and poets write poems? They do it
because life wouldn't have any meaning for them if they didn't. That's why
I draw cartoons. It's my life." -- Charles Shultz