Re: kernel-image-2.6.8-1-sparc64-smp

Hi Arshavir!

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:51:20 -0400, Arshavir Grigorian wrote:
> Half way through the boot, the system stops, the screen goes blank and
> the only way out is a hard reboot. I tried looking through the logs and
> it looks like the last statement before the "crash", is the following:

> Sep 20 23:13:20 pythagoras kernel: eth0: Link is up using internal
> transceiver at 100Mb/s, Full Duplex.
> Sep 20 23:13:20 pythagoras kernel: NET: Registered protocol family 10
> Sep 20 23:13:21 pythagoras kernel: Disabled Privacy Extensions on device
> 0000000000669168(lo)
> Sep 20 23:13:21 pythagoras kernel: IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver

This issue is under investigation and I may get the ftpmasters to remove
the 2.6.8 sparc64-smp kernels until the issue is sorted out, depending on
when we think Sarge will be released. (With time all problems erode...)

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=109573092100001&r=1&w=2 for more
details on this matter. But thanks for reporting this anyway.

--
Joshua Kwan