Re: Console corrupted during boot in 2.6.8, will it be included in Sarge?

Further information:
Removing radeonfb from /etc/modules makes the screen stay at 24 lines
resolution, resulting in a visible console output also for kernel 2.6.8.
Maybe the framebuffer shoud not be loaded for 2.6.x kernels?
Thanks anyway.

Replying to the mail from
Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org> with cut an paste from the
debian-kernel mail-archives (I'm not subscribed, so I missed your reply)

Svante

Are you using radeonfb (even statically compiled)?
radeonfb is loaded but unused:
radeonfb               59112  0

Did you try vesa framebuffer?
veasfb is loaded but unused:
vesafb                  6656  0

Are your laptop a SXVGA one or not (i.e. capable of 1400x1050)?
Yes.

What's the output of fbset after initialization?
What is fbset??

Did you try to switch back to console from X?
Nothing changes, still a black screen