Re: 2.6.8 release

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 11:33:42AM +0000, Thomas Skybakmoen wrote:
> >I was going to start this next weel, but any such discussion must be sure
> >have debian-release in the loop, or we might face surprises.
>
> >Friendly,
>
> >Sven Luther
>

> Like that the base freeze is today?

Well, the fact that the kernels are or not part of base (or at least the base
freeze) is still undecided.

Also, the main point would be to know if us moving to 2.6.8 from 2.6.7 will
have any significant influence on the rest of the base system. If 2.6.8 is
mostly a bugfix release, as it was claimed by Christoph and William, then
upgrading to 2.6.8 should just be a replacement of the package which would
have zero influence on the rest of the base system, as opposed to changing a
base library which would mean lot of incompatibility in other packages.

Christoph, William, any comment on those.