Re: Reducing the number of kernels

Hi,

Sven Luther writes:

> Which patch set did you use ?

A forward port of debian-powerpc.diff from kernel-patch-2.4.25-powerpc.

> > > we could stay with 2.4.25 for d-i maybe.
> >
> > Then powerpc would be the only arch requiring a 2.4.25 kernel.
>
> Yeah, but d-i tentative release is tomorrow so, ...

I suppose a release candidate will branch from the main development
tree?  Then the latter could start using a 2.4.26 kernel as soon as it
enters the archive.  And the release manager would have to decide
whether this change should make it into the actual release, the
obvious advantage being a single 2.4 kernel for all archs.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!