Re: Reducing the number of kernels

Hi,

Andreas Barth writes:

> Currently, we have the following kernel versions:
>        alpha  arm  hppa  i386  ia64  m68k  mips  powerpc  s390   sparc
> 2.4.19         P
> 2.4.21                                                    R(*)
> 2.4.24   R
> 2.4.25         R     R     R     R     R    R               R
> 2.4.26   K     K     K     K     K     K    K      *        K      K

>        alpha  i386  ia64  powerpc
> 2.6.3                 P
> 2.6.4                 R
> 2.6.5    R
> 2.6.6    *      R     R      R
> 2.6.7           K     K      K

There are also 2.4.25 and 2.6.5 for powerpc.

> * If I understood it right, Sven suggested to drop 2.4 for powerpc.

Doing this right now is a very bad idea.  Mind if I upload 2.4.26
powerpc packages?

> 1. If there is need for another kernel source version for 2.2, 2.4
> and/or 2.6, do it _now_.

Surely you mean "Debian revision" when you say "version"?

> 3. Remove the older kernels.

For powerpc 2.6 kernels, this should have happened already.  At least,
bugs asking for {kernel-patch-powerpc,mol-modules}-2.6.{5,6} to be
removed from the archive have been filed and partly addressed.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!