Re: Reducing the number of kernels

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:21:48PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> I think it would be nice to really come down to one single kernel
> version.

Hopefully, you mean one version per arch and flavor (2.2, 2.4, 2.6)
whenever possible. If we would have 3 up-to-date sources per arch
it would be nice. I find not necessary having always corresponding
binaries of course. For instance, 2.2 binaries on i386 is probably
superfluous, but having the sources for specific applications
(e.g. embedded) is a good thing anyway. And it seems reasonable
for secteam also probably.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine