Re: bug 257120 (IPSEC with AES + Conntrack + UDP -> Panic)

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 03:34:24PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 05:52:11PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > "his fixes a number of weird crashes including those AES crashes
> > > that people have been seeing with the 2.4 backport + ipt_conntrack."
> > >
> > > and this bug is RC since it hard freeze the system. I think it is worth to
> > > have it fixed asap. Also.. if it has been reported it means that people
> > > are using it.
> >
> > Ok debian-kernel folk, what is the consensus of this ? I did not
> > really follow this, but will we add the patch to kernel-source and
> > thus make an upload of kernel-source asap ? Is there something i
> > missed in this issue, or some other consideration we may have ?

I have made an upload already. kernel-source-2.4.26 2.4.26-4

> I feel a little unhappy about carrying around the backport at all.  Is
> someone actively maintaining it these days?

I am also unhapy about it, however I think the feature is being used, so
we are probably stuck with it. I am currently doing some work on
updating the backport form bitkeeper (2.6).  I am happy to continue
doing this. It is an area of the kernel I am particularly interested in
and follow anyway.

I had hopped to get something into svn this week, but that is not going
to happen, and next week I will be away on business.

--
Horms