Re: preparations for 2.6.7-3

On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 11:52:53PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 04:33:09PM -0400, Andres Salomon wrote:
> > I would like to get kernel-source-2.6.7-3 out tomorrow, if possible.
> > Does anyone have anything pressing that needs to go in before -3 is
> > released?  I've spoken to luther (who wanted me to wait until tomorrow),
> > hch, and wli; they're all fine w/ tomorrow (early morning, before
> > dinstall).  I built kernel-source and kernel-image -i386 packages
> > yesterday, so I don't forsee any problems tomorrow.
> >
> > Jens?  Anyone else?
>
> I'd like to get the new marvell driver for Sven's Pegasos in, I'll do
> that in the next ours.

Cool.

Jens, this means a few tweaks to the config file, i have not the time to
do this right now, but you need :

CONFIG_MV64340_ETH=m
# CONFIG_MV64340_ETH_0 is not set
CONFIG_MV64340_ETH_1=y
# CONFIG_MV64340_ETH_2 is not set

The pegasos port is the port 1, don't know about other hardware we
currently support which is based on the marvell, so this should be ok.
If other hardware use the marvell, they probably won't boot our kernel
as is, and we can work out things once the case present itself.