Re: Dealing with 2.4 bugreports that are fixed in 2.6 only

* Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> [2004-06-27 17:29]:
> There's a few reports against 2.4 kernel that are fixed in 2.6 and
> are unlikely to get in 2.4 every (Examples: #146956 or #130217).
> How should we deal with them in the BTS?

Is there any chance of those fixes being backported to 2.4 and how
much work would it be?  It seems that you guys have all given up on
2.4 completely, but I'd imagine that the majority of our users will
still use 2.4 for a while.

This is really related to some other postings in this thread: are we
ready to move to 2.6 by default?
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com