Re: Sarge TODO items

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 11:22:32PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 00:34:05 +0200, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> said:
>
> > That said, i prefer the simpler to use subversion, it let you be
> > more productive.
>
> 	Do you have any basis for that statement?  I have absolutely
>  no experience with subversion, but I often hear Branden grumbling
>  about server issues on IRC; and I would be surprised to to learn
>  that subversion would allow me to be far more productive than arch
>  does.

Because for someone who knows only CVS and neither of those, the barrier
to entry is much less. And arch is of rather formidable complexity, not
counting the strange subtilities in setting up a repository. So, better
a quick subversion repo, than a difficult to use arch one.

Now, if arch had a bitkeeper gateway ...