Re: [wli@holomorphy.com: Re: NMU: kernel]

* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) [040524 16:10]:
> On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 09:42:46AM -0400, Clint Adams wrote:
> > > Given that everyone extremly dislikes the single source package scheme

> > Well, if you're taking a poll, count me in favor of single source
> > package.

> Single source packages are nice, but not practical in the debian case. I
> guess you will have uploads multiplied by 12 or so compared to today, if
> you want to keep the reactivity that is possible today.

Well, even if it is not possible to do a single source package, we
should IMHO really be able to reduce the number of source packages in
sarge to 0-1 for 2.2, 2 for 2.4 and 2 for 2.6. Of course, this means
major work after we decided which kernel version should be released
with, but I really think it's worth, because it makes it much easier
for the security team.

Cheers,
Andi
--