Re: split patches for kernel-patch-debian

On Sun, 23 May 2004 19:38:01 +0200, Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de> said:

>> > Nothing if you ask me.  I'm just guessing there was a reason that
>> > it isn't used for the default kernel-source and kernel-image.
>>
>> It isn't used for kernel-source because kernel-source doesn't build
>> kernels. For kernel-image it is used, AFAICS.

> Well, if I have a collections of patches and want to build a
> kernel-source package make-kpkg kernel_source sounds like the right
> tool to archive that, no?

	I would be happy to incorporate any such patches into
 kernel-package; preferably if we can keep the interface kernel
 version agnostic.

	At the very least, make-kpkg can do something like looking
 for ./debian/patches dir and apply patches found there for official
 kernels, or if the user has asked for those patches to be added.

	manoj
--
Weeds are the blight of fields. Anger is the blight of
mankind. Consequently offerings to those free from anger are of great