Re: Dragging icons at desktop

Le 24 décembre 2022 14:08:27 GMT+01:00, "luca.pedrielli" <agoiza@gmail.com> a écrit :
>Il 24/12/22 12:30, Miguel A. Vallejo ha scritto:
>> Interesting...
>>
>> My system is running X on a Intel 530 HD Graphics card.
>>
>> When I drag an icon, and move the mouse pointer slowly, the icon
>> follow the mouse pointer a few centimeters behind moving somewhat
>> irregularly
>>
>> If I move the mouse at "medium" speed, the icon can be 15 or 20
>> centimeters behind the mouse cursor.
>>
>> If I move the mouse cursor fast, the icon does not move at all until I
>> drop the icon, then it moves slowly from the old to the new position.
>>
>> Otherwise, moving windows is as fast as usual, they move in real time
>> under the mouse pointer without any problem.
>>
>> It happens with any icon, even with icons inside Dolphin or Ark.
>>
>> I must admit I thought it was a new desktop effect.
>>
>> I also noticed plasmashell CPU usage is quite high (around 60 - 65 %
>> CPU usage) while dragging icons. Xorg is also high CPU usage (35 -
>> 40%) while dragging icons. In fact both plasmashell and Xorg CPU
>> usages added are always very close to 100%. They do not use as much
>> CPU moving windows (well under 10%).
>>
>> I didn't see any suspicious problems both in syslog or .xsession-errors
>>
>> Any ideas to find where the problem is?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>What happens if you try to suspend the compositor (SHIFT+Alt+F12)?

Yes that would be useful.

It would also be interesting to test under a Wayland session (you need to install plasma-workspace-wayland and select the Wayland session before logging in).

Also trying for a newly created user could give us some info on whether the issue can be caused by some customisations you made to your environment.

Thanks,
--
Aurélien