Re: Dragging icons at desktop

Il 24/12/22 12:30, Miguel A. Vallejo ha scritto:
Interesting...

My system is running X on a Intel 530 HD Graphics card.

When I drag an icon, and move the mouse pointer slowly, the icon
follow the mouse pointer a few centimeters behind moving somewhat
irregularly

If I move the mouse at "medium" speed, the icon can be 15 or 20
centimeters behind the mouse cursor.

If I move the mouse cursor fast, the icon does not move at all until I
drop the icon, then it moves slowly from the old to the new position.

Otherwise, moving windows is as fast as usual, they move in real time
under the mouse pointer without any problem.

It happens with any icon, even with icons inside Dolphin or Ark.

I must admit I thought it was a new desktop effect.

I also noticed plasmashell CPU usage is quite high (around 60 - 65 %
CPU usage) while dragging icons. Xorg is also high CPU usage (35 -
40%) while dragging icons. In fact both plasmashell and Xorg CPU
usages added are always very close to 100%. They do not use as much
CPU moving windows (well under 10%).

I didn't see any suspicious problems both in syslog or .xsession-errors

Any ideas to find where the problem is?

Thanks in advance

What happens if you try to suspend the compositor (SHIFT+Alt+F12)?

--
Saluti, Luca Pedrielli